Friday 22 March 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harry Kay and Cheddi B Jagan.
The Blue Bird, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 March 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1918!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1918 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Cheddi B Jagan: Dentist / founder PPP / Guyanese Premier (1953, 1957-64).
- Harry Kay: Vice-chancellor (Exeter University).
- Tauno Kullerve: Pylkkanen composer.
- Andre Blanchet: France sport Champion.
- Cheddi Jagan: Guyanese politician 4th President of Guyana (d. 1997).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Wait Till the Cows Come Home - Prince's Orchestra
- La Capricieuse - Jascha Heifetz
- I'm All Bound Round with the Mason Dixon Line - Al Jolson