Friday 22 March 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harry Kay and Cheddi B Jagan.
Hearts of the World, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Dere Mable by Edward Streeter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1918!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1918 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Cheddi B Jagan: Dentist / founder PPP / Guyanese Premier (1953, 1957-64).
- Harry Kay: Vice-chancellor (Exeter University).
- Tauno Kullerve: Pylkkanen composer.
- Andre Blanchet: France sport Champion.
- Cheddi Jagan: Guyanese politician 4th President of Guyana (d. 1997).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1918 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Shannon Four - Hail! Hail! The Gangs All Here
- Liberty Loan March - Sousa's Band
- The Rainbow of Love - John McCormack
- When Yankee Doodle Learns to Parlez Vous Francais - Arthur Fields
- My Sunshine Jane - Sterling Trio
- Smile and Show Your Dimple - Sam Ash
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?