Saturday 22 August 1908
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 22, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Henri Cartier-Bresson and Maurice Cauchois.
His First Job, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 August 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1908!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1908 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Henri Cartier-Bresson: French master photographer; exhibited from 1934 with work regarded as one of the glories of postwar photojournalism.
- René Gervais: French military officer in World War II, alias René Gérard, awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
- Maurice Cauchois: St Nexans Journalist.
- Pascal Santini: Rodez Military man.
- Erwin Thiesies: German rugby player and coach (Born 1908).