Sunday 22 August 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Tuke and Pierre A Lauffer.
Hitchin' Posts, directed by Jack Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while The River's End by James Oliver Curwood was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1920 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Anthony Tuke: CEO (Savoy Hotel Groups).
- Pierre A Lauffer: Antillian poet (Patria).
- W Schnurre: Writer.
- Ray Bradbury: American writer of sci-fi and fantasy, one of the best known and admired in the field.
- Denton Cooley: American heart surgeon famous for performing the first implantation of a total artificial heart.
- Wolfdietrich Schnurre: German writer, film/theater critic and journalist. He died on 9 June 1989 in Kiel.
- Bill Steger: American jurist who handled some 15,000 cases in a career spanning more than 35 years as a judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, based in Tyler, Texas.
- Anders Zorn: Swedish Painter (Gustavus Vasa), dies at 60.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Love Nest - John Steel
- All the Boys Love Mary - Van & Schenck
- So Long, Oo-Long (How Long You Gonna Be Gone) - Frank Crumit
- Introduction and Tarantelle - Jascha Heifetz
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?