Tuesday 21 August 1945
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard Manset and Nicole Massari.
Love Letters, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
while Cass Timberlane by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1945!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1945 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Gérard Manset: French singer-songwriter, painter, photographer, and writer.
- Nicole Massari: American TV executive who, as the former producer and hostess of the "LA Saturday Show" conducted interviews and scheduled on-the-spot coverage of local events.
- Willie Lanier: American pro athlete, a football player inducted into the sport's Hall of Fame in 1986.
- Patty McCormack: American actress and singer.
- Basil Poledouris: American composer and conductor (d. 2006).
- Patty McCormack in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actress (Mama, Peck's Bad Girl, The Ropers).
- Celia Brayfield: English journalist and author.
- Jerry DaVanon: American baseball player.
- President Truman ends Lend-Lease program
- US President Harry Truman ends Lend-Lease program.
- Physicist Harry K. Daghlian, Jr. is fatally irradiated in a criticality incident during an experiment with the Demon core at Los Alamos National Laboratory.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?