Friday 10 August 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harry Thomas and Harriet Miers.
The Strange Affair of Uncle Harry, directed by Robert Siodmak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
while Cass Timberlane by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1945!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1945 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Harry Thomas: Dutch founder (Schlager Festival Gay Party).
- Harriet Miers: American lawyer, nominated to the US Supreme Court on October 3, 2005 by President George W. Bush.
- Laura Spurr: American chairperson of the Nottawaseppi Huron Band of Potawatomi (Born 1945).
- Robert H Goddard: United States -- Rocket pioneer, dies at 62.
- Japan announces willingness to surrender to Allies provided status of Emperor Hirohito remained unchanged
- The Japanese government requests peace with the United States, but insists on retaining the Emperor.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Gotta be This or That - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Can't You Read Between the Lines? - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?