Friday 10 August 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 10, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marc Laffineur and Harriet Miers.
Divorce, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 August 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1945!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1945 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Marc Laffineur
- Harriet Miers: American lawyer, nominated to the US Supreme Court on October 3, 2005 by President George W. Bush.
- Ken Norton: Athlete.
- Barbara Delinsky: Writer.
- Harry Thomas: Dutch founder (Schlager Festival Gay Party).
- Laura Spurr: American chairperson of the Nottawaseppi Huron Band of Potawatomi (Born 1945).
- Robert H Goddard: United States -- Rocket pioneer, dies at 62.
- Japan announces willingness to surrender to Allies provided status of Emperor Hirohito remained unchanged
- The Japanese government requests peace with the United States, but insists on retaining the Emperor.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- On the Atchison, Topeka, and the Santa Fe - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Good, Good, Good (That's You-That's You) - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra