Monday 13 August 1945
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 13, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maria Rohm and Howard Marks.
Love Letters, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 August 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1945!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1945 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Maria Rohm
- Howard Marks
- Lars Engqvist: Swedish politician Deputy Prime Minister of Sweden.
- Jean Nouvel: Architect.
- Robin Jackman: Indian-English cricketer and sportscaster.
- 35 Jews sacrifice their lives to blow up Nazi rubber plant in Silesia
- The Zionist World Congress approaches the British government to discuss the founding of the country of Israel.