Friday 24 August 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 24, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Vince McMahon and Molly Duncan.
State Fair, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 August 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 August 1945!
Which were the important events of 24 August 1945 ?
- Liberia: Flag Day
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Bartholomew
- Roman festivals - first of the 3 days on which the mundus was opened
- Ukraine: National Holiday, independence from Russia (1991)
- Sierra Leone: President's Birthday
- Vince McMahon: American professional wrestling promoter.
- Molly Duncan: Scottish musician, sax player, singer and band member of the group, Average White Band (AWB.
- Malcolm "Mollie" Duncan: Scotland, United Kingdom -- Saxophonist (Average White Band).
- Ronee Blakley: American singer-songwriter producer and actress.
- Ken Hensley: English singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Uriah Heep The Gods and Toe Fat).
- Marsha Johnson: American drag queen performer and activist (d. 1992).
- Cleveland ace Bob Feller returns from Navy and strike out 12
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1945 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- On The Atcheson, Topeka, and the Santa Fe - Tommy Tucker & His Orchestra
- Perry Como - (Did You Ever Get) That Feeling in the Moonlight
- Ella Fitzgerald & Delta Rhythm Boys - It's Only a Paper Moon
- Hoagy Carmichael - Hong Kong Blues