Friday 31 August 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 31, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Van Morrison and Bob Welch.
Our Vines Have Tender Grapes, directed by Roy Rowland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 August 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1945!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1945 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Van Morrison: Irish musician, singer, songwriter, bandleader, bassist, saxophonist, guitarist, drummer and harmonica player.
- Bob Welch: American guitarist, singer and songwriter with Fleetwood Mac from April 1971 to December 1974.
- Itzhak Perlman: Israeli-American violinist, conductor, and pedagogue.
- Henrique Meirelles
- Donyale Luna
- Earnie Shavers
- Lee Bryant: American actress.
- Leonid Ivanovich Popov: USSR -- Cosmonaut (Soyuz 35 / 37, 40, T-7).
- The Liberal Party of Australia is founded by Robert Menzies.
- WWII: Allied troops arrest German field marshal Walther von Brauchitsch.
- Japanese general Tomoyuki Yamashita surrenders to Filipino and American forces at Kiangan, Ifugao.