Wednesday 5 March 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 5, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Tabary and Guy Gaucher.
Montana Moon, directed by Malcolm St. Clair, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 March 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1930!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1930 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Jean Tabary
- Lorin Maazel in Neuilly: France; conductor (NBC Symphony Orchestra 1941).
- Guy Gaucher: French Catholic Discalced Carmelite bishop and theologian.
- John Ashley: Canadian ice hockey player and referee (d. 2008).
- Del Crandall: American baseball player and manager.
- David Garth: American political advertising consultant (d. 2014).
- Danish painter Einar Wegener goes through a sexual reassignment surgery and takes the name Lili Elbe.