Sunday 22 December 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 22, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pamela Courson and Carl Wilson.
13 Rue Madeleine, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 December 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1946!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1946 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Pamela Courson: American news figure, the common-law wife of Jim Morrison for many years.
- Carl Wilson: Musician.
- Roberta Speer: LPGA golfer.
- Rick Nielsen in Rockford: Illinois, USA; rock vocalist/guitarist (Cheap Trick).
- D. A. Carson: Clergyman.
- Patrick Russel: French alpine skier, he had nine individual victories (slalom and giant slalom) in World Cup and was twice silver medalist in the World Championships (Val Gardena 1970), belonging to the French "dream team" with Augert, Lafforgue.
- Roger Carr: English businessman.
- C Steuerle: American economist and author.
- Yves Lagane: French Vice-Admiral in the French Navy for thirty years.
- Bal Negre closes at Belasco Theater NYC after 54 performances
- Cleveland Browns beat the New York Yankees 14-9 in AAFC championship game
- The Havana Conference begins between U.S. organized crime bosses in Havana, Cuba.