Thursday 8 February 1906
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 8, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Artur Balsam and Henry Roth.
Police Chasing Scorching Auto, directed by Sr. Wallace McCutcheon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 February 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1906!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1906 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Artur Balsam: Polish / US pianist (Begeleidde Menuhin, Milstein).
- Henry Roth: Austria-Hungary / US writer (Call it Sleep).
- Chester F: Carlson inventor (xerography).
- Gret Baumann-Jung: Swiss astrologer, second oldest daughter of C.G.
- Jan Pijnenburg: Netherlands sport Champion.
- Chester Carlson: American physicist and lawyer invented Xerography (d. 1968).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1906 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Forty-Five Minutes from Broadway - Billy Murray
- Wait Till the Sun Shines, Nellie - Harry Tally