Sunday 22 June 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 22, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pete Maravich and Howard Kaylan.
The Perils of Pauline, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching In the Kelvinator Kitchen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 June 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1947 ?
- Pete Maravich: American basketball player, who became known as "Pistol" Pete Maravich.
- Howard Kaylan: American vocalist.
- Bruno Latour
- Octavia E Butler
- Octavia E[stelle] Butler: United States -- Sci-fi author (Hugo, Wild Seed).
- David L Lander in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Squiggy - Laverne and Shirley).
- Sylviane Hyvrier: French astrologer, author of the book "L'outil astrologique au service de l'économie et de la finance.
- Shirin Ebadi: Lawyer.
- David Lander: American actor singer and screenwriter.
- Jerry Rawlings: Ghanaian lieutenant and politician President of Ghana.
- Leelo Tungal: Estonian poet and author.
- Octavia Butler: American author and MacArthur Foundation Fellow (Born 1947).
- Michael Gross: Actor.
- Meredith Baxter: Actress.
- Dana Rohrabacher: Politician.
- 12 rain in 42 minutes (Holt, MO)
- Ewell Blackwell just misses pitching back-to-back no-hitters (9th inn)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Peg O' My Heart - Clark Dennis
- Three Suns - Peg O' My Heart