Monday 23 August 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 23, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Egen and Karl Lichte.
Way Down East, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 August 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1920 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Jean Egen: French journalist (Le Monde, Le Canard enchaîné) and author of various books, who gained literary success with his autobiography "Les Tilleuls de Lautenbach" [The Lime Trees of Lautenbach].
- Karl Lichte: German Nazi Captain (Hauptsturmführer) in the Waffen-SS during World War II who was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross while in command of the 5th Company, 5th SS Panzer Regiment, 5th SS Panzer Division Wiking on the 6 May 1945.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sergei Rachmaninoff - Prelude in G Minor, Op 23, No. 5
- St. Louis Blues - Marion Harris