Monday 15 November 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gesualdo Bufalino and Wayne Thiebaud.
The Last of the Mohicans, directed by Clarence L. Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while Mary-Marie by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 1920!
Which were the important events of 15 November 1920 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Gesualdo Bufalino: Italian writer, a novelist who became famous at the age of 60.
- Wayne Thiebaud: American figurative artist, best known for his paintings of ordinary household subjects and urban landscapes done with thick, impasto effects.
- Vasilis Diamantopoulos: Greek actor director and screenwriter (d. 1999).
- Free City of Danzig established under League of Nations protection.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Dardanella Blues - Billy Murray & Ed Smalle
- The Girls of My Dreams - John Steel
- I'll be with You in Apple Blossom Time - Charles Harrison
- The Japanese Sandman - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?