Monday 23 December 1940US date format: 12/23/1940, UK date format: 23/12/1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on December 23, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Jorma Kaukonen and David Nyhan.
Hudson's Bay, directed by Irving Pichel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Tom and Jerry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 December 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1940 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Jorma Kaukonen: American singer-songwriter and guitarist...
- David Nyhan: American journalist who wrote for the...
- Mamnoon Hussain: Politician.
- Robert Labine: French-Canadian politician.
- Eugene Record: American songwriter and singer (The...
- World War II: Greek submarine Papanikolis (?-2) sinks the Italian motor ship Antonietta.
- WWII: Winston Churchill, in a broadcast address to the people of Italy, blames Benito Mussolini for leading his nation to war against the British, contrary to Italy's historic friendship with them: quotOne man has arrayed the trustees and inheritors of ancient Rome upon the side of the ferocious pagan barbarians.quot