Sunday 13 January 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roland Petit and Philip Rawson.
Wild Oranges, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 January 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1924!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1924 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Roland Petit: French dancer and choreographer, the director of Ballets de Paris.
- Philip Rawson: Artist / teacher.
- Paul Feyerabend: Philosopher of science best known for his work as a professor of philosophy at the University of California, Berkeley, where he worked for three decades (1958–1989).
- Günther Fleckenstein: German theatre director and playwright.
- Nationalist Wafd-party wins Egyptian parliament elections.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Rememb'ring - Paul Ash & His Granada Orchestra
- I Love You - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Old-Fashioned Love - Frank Crumit