Friday 23 July 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 23, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Amália Rodrigues and Marcel Maeyer [de Maeyer].
The Penalty, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 July 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1920!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1920 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Amália Rodrigues: Portuguese singer and actress (d. 1999).
- Malcolm Hughes: Artist.
- Marcel Maeyer [de Maeyer]: Belgian sculptor / graphic artist.
- Amalia Rodrigues: Portuguese Fadista, one of the best-known Fado singers on the international stage, sometimes called the "Voice of Portugal's Soul" .
- Andr? Bilquez: Bains les Bains physician.
- Conrad Kohrs: German-born American rancher (Born 1835).
- British East Africa renamed Kenya and becomes a British crown colony
- Arthur Meighen becomes Canada's ninth prime minister.
- Battle of Maysalun: The French defeat the Syrian army.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Oh! By Jingo! Oh! By Gee! - Frank Crumit
- Venetian Moon - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra