Tuesday 23 July 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 23, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Lennox and Mireille Mathieu.
The Inner Circle, directed by Philip Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Musical Contrasts.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 July 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1946!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1946 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- John Lennox: American film producer, a talented TV producer of many hit shows including "Laverne and Shirley," "Bustin' Loose" and "Happy Days.
- Mireille Mathieu: Musician.
- Jim Edgar: Politician.
- Andy MacKay: London, England -- Rock sax / oboe (Roxy Music-Dance Away).
- Paul Schrader: Director.
- Andy Mackay: English oboe player and composer (Roxy Music).
- René Ricard: American poet painter and critic (d. 2014).
- Keith Ferguson: Blues guy (Fabulous Thunderbirds).
- James Maxton: Scottish politician, a left-wing socialist and attractive parliamentary speaker.
- Menachem Begins opposition group bombs King David Hotel