Tuesday 23 July 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Lennox and Andy MacKay.
The Strange Love of Martha Ivers, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching King's Party Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 23 July 1946 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- John Lennox: American film producer, a talented TV producer of many hit shows including "Laverne and Shirley," "Bustin' Loose" and "Happy Days.
- Andy MacKay: London, England -- Rock sax / oboe (Roxy Music-Dance Away).
- Keith Ferguson: Blues guy (Fabulous Thunderbirds).
- Andy Mackay: English oboe player and composer (Roxy Music).
- René Ricard: American poet painter and critic (d. 2014).
- James Maxton: Scottish politician, a left-wing socialist and attractive parliamentary speaker.
- Menachem Begins opposition group bombs King David Hotel
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Who Do You Love I Hope - Elliot Lawrence & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?