Monday 24 July 1916
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 24, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John D MacDonald and John D.
Madcap Ambrose, directed by Fred Hibbard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 July 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1916!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1916 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- John D MacDonald: American novelist, (d. 1986).
- John D: MacDonald novelist (Deep Blue Goodbye).
- Abelardo Duaz Alfaro: Puerto Rican author who achieved great fame throughout Latin America during the 1940s.
- John D. MacDonald: Novelist.
- John MacDonald: American action-adventure writer, winner of the Edgar Grand Master award from the Mystery Writers of America, 1972, and winner of the American Book Award's mystery competition with his novel "The Green Ripper," 1980.
- Bob Eberly: Mechanicsville, New York -- Singer (Jimmy Dorsey Band).
- Dick Hahn: American baseball player, a right-handed catcher who played one game with the Washington Senators on 7 September 1940.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Baby Shoes - Henry Burr
- There's a Quaker Down in Quaker Town - Peerless Quartet