Wednesday 24 October 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 24, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leïla Ben Ali and Denis Labouré.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Death of a Scoundrel, directed by Charles Martin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Love Or Perish by Smiley Blanton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 October 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1956 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Leïla Ben Ali
- Denis Labouré: French writer of occult books including "Prédire par les périodes planétaires" (with Chantal Étienne, 1987), "Initiation à la magie" (1991) and "Alchimie du Feu céleste" (2005).
- Tony Peck: American actor and noted family, the son of Gregory Peck and Veronique Passani.
- Rickie White: American musician whose band, "Russia," produced its first album in March 1980.
- Jeff Merkley: American politician, junior senator of Oregon.
- AP names Cin manager Birdie Tebbets as NL Manager of the Year
- Soviet troops invade Hungary, Imre Nagy becomes Prime Minister of Hungary
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Frankie Laine - A Woman In Love
- Anne Shelton - Lay Down Your Arms
- Elvis Presley - Hound Dog
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Freddie Bell & The Bellboys - Giddy-Up-A-Ding-Dong
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?