Tuesday 25 April 1905
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 25, 1905). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Penn Warren and Hugh Willatt.
Fireworks, directed by Katie Messer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 April 1905
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1905!
Which were the important events of 25 April 1905 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Robert Penn Warren: Novelist.
- Hugh Willatt: Solicitor / public servant.
- Walter Hassan: engineer.
- George Nepia: New Zealand rugby player and referee (d. 1986).
- Jacob Olie Dutch photographer: dies at about age 70.
- Whites win right to vote in South Africa.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1905 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Reuben Haskins' Ride in the Red Devil - Len Spencer
- Harry Macdonough - You and I
- Oh Promise Me - Henry Burr
- Listen to the Big Brass Band - Frank Stanley