Monday 17 April 1905
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 17, 1905). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Louis Jean Heydt and Carlos Oquendo de Amat.
Fireworks, directed by Katie Messer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 April 1905
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1905!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1905 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Louis Jean Heydt: Montclair, New Jersey -- Actor (Joe-Waterfront).
- Carlos Oquendo de Amat: Peruvian poet, considered one of the most outstanding exponents of contemporary poetry in Peru, along with compatriots Jose Maria Eguren, Cesar Vallejo, Adam Martin and César Moro, among others.
- Louis Heydt: American journalist and actor (d. 1960).
- Arthur Lake: Corbin, Kentucky -- Actor (Dagwood-Blondie).
- US Supreme court judges maximum work day unconstitutional.
- The Supreme Court of the United States decides Lochner v. New York which holds that the ''right to free contract'' is implicit in the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution.