Monday April 17, 1905
US date format: 4/17/1905, UK date format: 17/4/1905
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on April 17, 1905). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Carlos Oquendo de Amat and Louis Heydt.
Fireworks, directed by Katie Messer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 17, 1905?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- See more
- US Supreme court judges maximum work day unconstitutional.
- The Supreme Court of the United States decides Lochner v. New York which holds that the ''right to free contract'' is implicit in the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 17, 1905?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Henry Burr (aka Irving Gillette) - In the Shade of the Old Apple Tree