Saturday April 29, 1905
US date format: 4/29/1905, UK date format: 29/4/1905
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on April 29, 1905). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Guy de Polignac and Robert Currie.
Fireworks, directed by Katie Messer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 29, 1905?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- See more
- Pierre de Brazza lands in Libreville Gabon.
- Ignacio Cervantes composer: dies at age 57.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 29, 1905?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Frank Stanley - Listen to the Big Brass Band
- Henry Burr - Oh Promise Me
- Harry Macdonough - You and I
- Len Spencer - Reuben Haskins' Ride in the Red Devil