Sunday 25 January 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jeanne Brabants .
The Woman in the Suitcase, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 January 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1920 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Jeanne Brabants: Belgian ballet dancer, choreographer, teacher and director who danced with various troops from 1935-1959.
- Amadeo Modigliani Italian sculptor/painter: dies at age 35.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Everybody Calls Me Honey - Nora Bayes
- Ben Selvin & His Orchestra - Dardanella