Tuesday 28 December 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Steve Van and Doc Counsilman.
Queen of the Turf, directed by John K. Wells, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while A Man for the Ages by Irving Bacheller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1920!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1920 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Steve Van: Buren NFL halfback (Philadelphia Eagles).
- Doc Counsilman: American Olympic and hall-of-fame swimming coach from the United States.
- André Verchuren: French popular accordionist; his hit "Les fiancés d'Auvergne" sold 10 millions copies.
- James Counsilman: Birmingham sports Champions.
- Bruce McCarty: American architect designed the Knoxville City-County Building (d. 2013).
- Steve Van Buren: Honduran-American football player (d. 2012)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?