Saturday 11 December 1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eddy Firestone and Jacques Douai.
Madame DuBarry, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1920!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1920 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Eddy Firestone: San Francisco, California -- Actor (Eddy-Mixed Doubles).
- Jacques Douai: French singer, dubbed "the modern troubadour" for having reprised many medieval songs and old French folklore.
- Denis Jenkinson: English motorcycle racer and journalist (d. 1996).
- Olive Schreiner: South African author and activist (d. 1920).
- Finland joins the League of Nations.
- Martial law is declared in Ireland.
- An 8.6 Richter scale Haiyuan earthquake causes a landslide in Gansu Province, China, killing 180,000.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 December 1920
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?