Saturday 18 December 1920US date format: 12/18/1920, UK date format: 18/12/1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 18, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Enrique Grau and Lord Merlyn-Rees.
Outside the Law, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 December 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1920!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1920 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Enrique Grau
- Lord Merlyn-Rees: British politician (Born 1920).
- Rita Streich: German singer.
- Willis Conover: broadcaster.
- Eddy Marnay: French songwriter who wrote more than 4000 songs, including works for Édith Piaf and Céline Dion.
- Robert Leckie: American soldier and author (d. 2001).
- 1st US postage stamps printed without the words United States or US
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- You're the Only Girl That Made Me Cry - Henry Burr
- The Argentines, the Portugese, and the Greeks - Nora Bayes
- Whispering - Art Hickman & His Orchestra