Monday 6 December 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 6, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dave Brubeck and David Brubeck.
Anna Boleyn, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 December 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1920!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1920 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Dave Brubeck: American pianist, composer and leader of a jazz quartet, one of the great jazz recording artists who garnered world-wide fame.
- Frank Russell: American legal executive and CEO in charge of Central Newspapers, a newspaper chain controlled by the Dan Quayle family.
- David Brubeck: Concord artists.
- Peter Dimmock: English sportscaster and producer (d. 2015).
- George Porter: English chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2002).
- Karel Kovarovic composer: dies at age 57.