Thursday 26 September 1907
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony F Blunt and Bep [Lambertus] van Klaveren.
El grito de Dolores o La independencia de México, directed by Felipe de Jess Haro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
while The Brass Bowl by Louis J. Vance was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1907!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1907 ?
- Anthony F Blunt: British historian / spy for USSR.
- Bep [Lambertus] van Klaveren: European Boxing Champ (1928 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Ralph Michael: London, England -- Actor (Quest, Doctor in the House).
- Anthony Blunt: British art expert who was exposed as a Soviet spy.
- Lambertus Klaveren: Dutch boxer.
- Giuseppe Santomaso: Italian artist, painter. Died 23 May 1990.
- Franc Bonduel: Netherlands sport Champion
- Bep van Klaveren: Dutch boxer (Born 1907)
- New Zealand and Newfoundland each become dominions within the British Empire.
- October ndash A committee of the Delegation for the Adoption of an International Auxiliary Language, made up of academics including Otto Jespersen, Wilhelm Ostwald and Roland Eotvos meet in Paris to select a language for international use. The committee ultimately decides to reform Esperanto.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1907 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- My Dear - Reinald Werrenrath
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?