Wednesday 26 August 1908
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 26, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Hunt and W B Henning.
Robin Hood, directed by Wolfgang Reitherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 August 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 August 1908!
Which were the important events of 26 August 1908 ?
- RC saints - St Zephyrinus, Saint Ninian, David Lewis (one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales)
- Namibia - Namibia Day or Heroes' Day
- Zanzibar - Sultan's Birthday
- W B Henning: Prussian-born Iranist (d. 1967).
- Bill Hunt: Australian cricketer (d. 1983).
- Ralph Houston: American guru, the founder of Agni Yoga groups in San Francisco in 1954, Los Angeles in 1955, and upper New York State in the early '60s.
- Vivian Long: American doctor of chiropractic, opera singer teacher and astrologer.
- Jacques-Paul Martin: French cardinal.
- Walter Henning: Prussian-American linguist and scholar (d. 1967).
- Aubrey Schenck: American screenwriter and producer (d. 1999).
- Gilly Flower: English actress (d. 2001).
- Tony Pastor: American vaudeville performer (Born 1837).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1908 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Smarty - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- I Want to Be a Merry, Merry Widow - Ada Jones
- Bye Bye Dearie - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
- Il Trovatore - Ai Nostri Monti (Home to Our Mountains) - Enrico Caruso & Louise Homer
- I Want You - Henry Burr
- La Boheme - Quartetto: Addio, Dolce Svegliare (Farewell, Sweet Love) - Enrico Caruso & Geraldine Farrar & Antonio Scotti & Gina Viafora
- Red Wing Medley - Arthur Pryor's Band