Wednesday 26 August 1908
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Hunt and W B Henning.
while The Trail of the Lonesome Pine by John Fox, Jr. was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 August 1908!
Which were the important events of 26 August 1908 ?
- RC saints - St Zephyrinus, Saint Ninian, David Lewis (one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales)
- Namibia - Namibia Day or Heroes' Day
- Zanzibar - Sultan's Birthday
- W B Henning: Prussian-born Iranist (d. 1967).
- Bill Hunt: Australian cricketer (d. 1983).
- Ralph Houston: American guru, the founder of Agni Yoga groups in San Francisco in 1954, Los Angeles in 1955, and upper New York State in the early '60s.
- Vivian Long: American doctor of chiropractic, opera singer teacher and astrologer.
- Jacques-Paul Martin: French cardinal.
- Walter Henning: Prussian-American linguist and scholar (d. 1967).
- Aubrey Schenck: American screenwriter and producer (d. 1999).
- Gilly Flower: English actress (d. 2001).
- Tony Pastor: American vaudeville performer (Born 1837).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?