Sunday 26 January 1908
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stéphane Grappelli and Dennis Moore.
The Thieving Hand, directed by J. Stuart Blackton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 January 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1908!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1908 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Stéphane Grappelli: Italian-French musician, one of the most popular jazz musicians of the last 50 years.
- Stephane Grappelli: French jazz violinist (d. 1997).
- Dennis Moore: American actor who specialized in western films and film serials.
- Jill Esmond: Actress (13 Women, My Pal Wolfe, FP 1), dies at 82.
- Rupprecht Geiger: German painter and sculptor (d. 2009).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Wouldn't You Like to Have Me for a Sweetheart? - Ada Jones
- Two Blue Eyes - Billy Murray
- Who Do You Love? - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Dixie Dan - Arthur Collins
- You - Frank Stanley