Thursday 26 July 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 26, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Helen Mirren and Sergio Galeotti.
The Southerner, directed by Jean Renoir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 July 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 1945!
Which were the important events of 26 July 1945 ?
- Helen Mirren: British actress, winner of an assortment of awards, best known in the US for her portrayal of the complex Jane Tennison, detective.
- Sergio Galeotti: Italian entrepreneur who built his own company, Armani Spa.
- Betty Davis: British dance teacher of Dame Margot Fonteyn, dies.
- Linda Harrison in Berlin: Maryland, USA; actress (Bracken's World, Planet of the Apes).
- Suzanna Leigh: English actress.
- After Labour landslide in general election, Clement Attlee becomes Prime Minister
- Declaration of Potsdam: US / Britain / China demands Japanese surrender
- Japanese government disregards US ultimatum
- US cruiser Indianapolis reaches Tinian with atom bomb
- The Potsdam Declaration is signed in Potsdam, Germany.
- The Labour Party wins the United Kingdom general election of July 5 by a landslide, removing Winston Churchill from power.
- The US Navy cruiser USS Indianapolis arrives at Tinian with parts of the warhead for the Hiroshima atomic bomb.
- The Potsdam Declaration demands Japan's unconditional surrender Article 12 permitting Japan to retain the reign of the Emperor has been deleted by President Truman.ref name=quotnuclearfiles1940quot/
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1945 ?