Thursday 12 July 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 12, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roland Blum and Edwin Neal.
Anchors Aweigh, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 July 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1945!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1945 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Roland Blum
- Edwin Neal
- Dimitar Penev: Bulgaria -- Soccer player / union coach (Lokomotiv / CSKA).
- Bernard Lubat: French jazz and contemporary classical musician.
- Leopoldo Mastelloni: Italian actor singer and director.
- Cubs stop Braves Tommy Holmes modern-day NL hitting streak at 37 games
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1945 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- On The Atchison, Topeka, And Santa Fe - Johnny Mercer
- I Wish I Knew - Dick Haymes
- A Kiss Goodnight - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
- Can't You Read Between The Lines - Charlie Spivak
- Johnnie Johnston - There Must be a Way