Tuesday 31 July 1945
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 31, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Weld and Charlotte Diamond.
The Shanghai Cobra, directed by Phil Karlson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 July 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1945!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1945 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- William Weld: American politician, the Governor of Massachusetts after George Dukakis, finally balancing the budget and doing so without raising taxes.
- Charlotte Diamond
- Tomas Vackar: Composer.
- William Floyd Weld: (Gov-R-Massachusetts).
- Patrick Modiano: Novelist.
- David Sutherland: American filmmaker, whose films are independent documentaries.
- Gary Lewis: American vocalist ( & the Playboys).
- David Sanborn: Musician.
- Pierre Laval, the fugitive former leader of Vichy France, surrenders to Allied soldiers in Austria.
- John K. Giles attempts to escape from Alcatraz prison.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Can't You Read Between the Lines? - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- Gotta be This or That - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra