Tuesday 31 July 1945
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Weld and Charlotte Diamond.
Lady on a Train, directed by Charles David, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
while The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1945!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1945 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- William Weld: American politician, the Governor of Massachusetts after George Dukakis, finally balancing the budget and doing so without raising taxes.
- Charlotte Diamond
- Tomas Vackar: Composer.
- William Floyd Weld: (Gov-R-Massachusetts).
- Gary Lewis: American vocalist ( & the Playboys).
- David Sutherland: American filmmaker, whose films are independent documentaries.
- Pierre Laval, the fugitive former leader of Vichy France, surrenders to Allied soldiers in Austria.
- John K. Giles attempts to escape from Alcatraz prison.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1945 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?