Thursday 19 July 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Dzunda and Pierre Dubois.
Christmas in Connecticut, directed by Peter Godfrey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
while The Black Rose by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1945!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1945 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- George Dzunda: Rosenheim, Germany -- Actor (Deer Hunter, Law & Order).
- Pierre Dubois: French specialist in everything related to enchantment.
- Paule Baillargeon: Canadian actress director and screenwriter.
- George Dzundza: German-American actor.
- George Barbier: Actor (Man Who Came to Dinner), dies at 80.
- Edwin Schlossberg, husband of Carolyn Kennedy
- USS Cod saves 51 sailors from Dutch sub in only sub-to-sub rescue
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1945 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Johnny Mercer - On The Atchison, Topeka, And Santa Fe
- I Wish I Knew - Dick Haymes
- Woody Herman & His Orchestra - A Kiss Goodnight
- Johnnie Johnston - There Must be a Way
- Can't You Read Between The Lines - Charlie Spivak
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?