Sunday 1 July 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 1, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Debbie Harry and Gérard Léonard.
Man from Oklahoma, directed by Frank McDonald, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 July 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1945!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1945 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Debbie Harry: American singer-songwriter and actress best known for being the lead singer of the punk rock and New Wave band.
- Gérard Léonard
- Hédi Kaddour
- Sean Scully: Artist.
- Deborah Harry: Rock Singer.
- Mike Burstyn: Israeli-born American actor.
- 1st of the superstars returns from the WWII, Hank Greenberg homers
- 55th Postmaster General: Robert E Hannegan of Mo takes office
- Allies troop land on Balikpapan
- WWII: Germany is divided between the Allied occupation forces.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1945 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Sentimental Journey - Merry Macs
- Who Threw the Whiskey in the Well? - Lucky Millinder & His Orchestra
- Chopin's Polonaise - Carmen Cavallaro & His Orchestra
- Can't You Read Between the Lines? - Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Tain't Me - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)