Friday 20 July 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 20, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kim Carnes and John Lodge.
Guest Wife, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 July 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1945!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1945 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Kim Carnes: American singer, gravel-voiced, best known for the 1981 pop classic "Bette Davis Eyes," which won a Grammy; an outstanding songwriter in rock, pop and country.
- John Lodge: English singer-songwriter bass player and producer (The Moody Blues).
- Larry E Craig: (Rep-R-Idaho, 1981- ).
- Viscount Petersham: English large landowner.
- Harrison Ellenshaw: American matte painter.
- Jean Kalman: French lighting designer, who since 1979 has worked in theatres and opera houses worldwide with directors such as Pierre Audi, Peter Brook and Robert Carsen.
- George Dzundza: Actor.
- Larry Craig: American soldier and politician.
- Thomas Hageboeck: American actor (d. 1996).
- Johnny Loughrey: Irish singer-songwriter (d. 2005).
- Bo Rein: American football player and coach (d. 1980).
- Jacob Scott: Greenwood sports Champions.
- Betty Burfeindt: LPGA golfer.
- Paul Valery: French author and poet (Born 1871).
- The US Congress approves the Bretton Woods Agreement.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bell-Bottom Trousers - Jerry Colonna
- Perry Como - I'm Gonna Love That Gal