Monday 26 February 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Taft Jr and Robert Taft.
The Poor Little Rich Girl, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Wildfire by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1917!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1917 ?
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Robert Taft Jr
- Robert Taft: American lawyer, politician and noted family member, he is sometimes referred to as Robert A. Taft, Jr.
- 1st Annual fair at Utrecht Harbor (Netherlands)
- The Original Dixieland Jass Band records the first ever jazz record for the Victor Talking Machine Company in New York.
- The Original Dixieland Jass Band records their first commercial record, with the tunes quotLivery Stable Bluesquot and quotDixie Jazz Band One Stepquot.
- The U.S. government releases the plaintext of the Zimmermann Telegram to the public.
- Japanese city of Omuta, Fukuoka is founded by Hiroushi Miruku
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- My Hawaiian Sunshine - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- It's a Long, Long Time Since I've Been Home - Irving Kaufman
- Pray for the Lights to Go Out - George O'Connor
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?