Friday 27 July 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Cunningham and Moses Rascoe.
The Little American, directed by Mary Pickford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Mr. Britling Sees It Through by H. G. Wells was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1917!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1917 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- John Cunningham: Executive director (British Aerospace).
- Moses Rascoe: Blues singer.
- Robert Cowans: Executive director (British Aerospace).
- Bourvil : French actor and singer best known for his roles in comedy films, most notably in his collaboration with Louis de Funès in the films Le Corniaud (1965) and La Grande Vadrouille (1966).
- Guy Krohg: Norwegian painter, illustrator, and scenographer.
- (Rainbourg) Bourvil: France Actor
- The Allies reach the Yser Canal at the Battle of Passchendaele.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Sousa's Band - The Stars and Stripes Forever March
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic - Reinald Werrenrath
- For Me and My Gal - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- American Patrol - Prince's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?