Friday 27 July 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 27, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bourvil and Moses Rascoe.
Thirst, directed by Greg Kiefer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 July 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1917!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1917 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Bourvil : French actor and singer best known for his roles in comedy films, most notably in his collaboration with Louis de Funès in the films Le Corniaud (1965) and La Grande Vadrouille (1966).
- John Cunningham: Executive director (British Aerospace).
- Moses Rascoe: Blues singer.
- Robert Cowans: Executive director (British Aerospace).
- Guy Krohg: Norwegian painter, illustrator, and scenographer.
- (Rainbourg) Bourvil: France Actor.
- The Allies reach the Yser Canal at the Battle of Passchendaele.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Night Time in Little Italy - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- The Man Behind the Hammer and the Plow - Prince's Orchestra
- Lookout Mountain - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell