Tuesday 27 August 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 27, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anneliese Uhlig and Hutton Gibson.
A Pair of Silk Stockings, directed by Walter Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 August 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1918 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Anneliese Uhlig
- Katherine Johnson: Mathematician.
- Hutton Gibson: Writer.
- Lord Winstanley: Physician / British MP (Labour).
- Jelle Zijlstra: Dutch politician, economist, Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs and Prime Minister.
- Claude Wimphen: Nemours Journalist.
- Christy Mathewson resigns as Reds manager to accept a commission as a captain in chemical warfare branch of Army
- Dr Joseph L Johnson named minister to Liberia.
- Battle of Ambos Nogales: U.S. Army forces skirmish against Mexican Carrancistas and their German advisors in the only battle of World War I fought on American soil.
- 20,000 London policemen strike for increased pay and union recognition.
- Russian Revolution: Vladmir Lenin is shot by Fanya Kaplan, but he survives. Moisei Uritsky, the Petrograd head of the Cheka, is assassinated the same day.
- September ndash British armies and their Arab allies roll into Syria.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Man Who Put the Germ in Germany - Nora Bayes
- When You Come Home - Henry Burr