Tuesday 27 July 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 27, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Olivier Guichard and Guy Bourguignon.
The Penalty, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 July 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1920!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1920 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Olivier Guichard: Néac Politician.
- Guy Bourguignon
- James Munn: Commissioner (British University).
- Karl Mühleck: German Nazi military personnel, an Obersturmführer (First Lieutenant) in the Waffen-SS during World War II who was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross, which was awarded to recognize extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership by Nazi Germany during World War II.
- Beatrice Pearson: American actress, probably best known for her role as co-star (with John Garfield playing Joe Morse) in the 1948 film noir.
- Karl Muhleck: Germany Military man.
- Radio compass used for 1st time for aircraft navigation
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Left All Alone Again Blues - Marion Harris
- John McCormack - The Barefoot Trail
- My Sahara Rose - Happy Six
- Alexandria - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra