Saturday 27 July 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eero Aukusti Sipila and Leonard Rose Washington DC.
Riddle Gawne, directed by William S. Hart, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Dere Mable by Edward Streeter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1918!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1918 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Eero Aukusti Sipila: Composer.
- Leonard Rose Washington DC: concert cellist (New York Philharmonic 1943-51).
- Leonard Rose: American cellist and educator (d. 1984).
- Socony 200, first concrete barge in US, launched to carry oil, New York.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- One Day in June (It Might Have Been You) - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- They Were All Out of Step But Jim - Billy Murray
- Your Lips Are No Man's Land but Mine - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?