Monday 27 October 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 27, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Billard and Édouard De Andréis.
Suspicion, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 October 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1941!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1941 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Claude Billard
- Finn Caspersen: American lawyer and CEO of Beneficial Finance, a small-loan business with 1,000 offices worldwide.
- Édouard De Andréis: French publisher, who founded the Rivages publishing house.
- Dave Costa: American football player (d. 2013).
- Dick Trickle: American race car driver (d. 2013).
- Chicago Daily Tribune editorializes there will not be war with Japan.