Sunday 27 October 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marino Iandioro and Maurice Robert Johnston.
The Taming of the Shrew, directed by Sam Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1929 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Marino Iandioro: Canned Tomato Pioneer.
- Maurice Robert Johnston: English Lieutenant-General.
- Jacques Alexandre: French journalist.
- Michel Laclotte: French art historian and museum director, specialising in 14th and 15th century French painting.
- Claude Alexandre: Nancy Journalist.
- Myra Carter: American actress (d. 2016)
- Maurice Johnston: English general and politician Lord Lieutenant of Wiltshire
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?