Sunday 27 October 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 27, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Gotti and Anthea Joseph.
The Mark of Zorro, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 October 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1940 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- John Gotti: American gangster and noted Mafia leader once known as the "Teflon Don" after a series of courtroom acquittals.
- Anthea Joseph: Music producer.
- Maxine Hong Kingston: United States -- Author.
- Maxine Hong Kingston: Writer.
- Georges Vanconingsloo
- Maxine Kingston: American author and academic.
- Arthur Brown: South African technical engineer and CEO of Hecla Mining.
- Fini Valdemar Henriques: Composer, dies at 72.