Tuesday 28 August 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 28, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Luis Guzmán and John Long.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Attack, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Black Tulip.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 August 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1956 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Luis Guzmán: Puerto Rican-American actor and producer.
- John Long: American basketball player; Guard/ Forward, Raptors.
- Beverley Goddard-Callender: Barbados -- 4x100m (1980, 84 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Mark Lutz: Puerto Rican actor.
- Luis Guzman: Puerto Rican actor.
- Steve Whiteman: American singer-songwriter (Kix and Funny Money).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Anne Shelton - Lay Down Your Arms
- Rockin' Through The Rye - Bill Haley & His Comets
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Tony Martin - Walk Hand In Hand
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?