Monday 28 August 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 28, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Least Heat-Moon and Edward Patten.
The Rains Came, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 August 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1939!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1939 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- William Least Heat-Moon: Writer.
- Edward Patten: US soul singer (Gladys Knight & the Pips).
- Cassie Mackin: newswoman (NBC TV).
- John Kingman: English mathematician and academic.
- Monty becomes Commandant of 3rd Iron Infantry division
- Netherland mobilizes