Monday 28 August 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edward Patten and Cassie Mackin.
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, directed by Alfred Werker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1939!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1939 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Edward Patten: US soul singer (Gladys Knight & the Pips).
- Cassie Mackin: newswoman (NBC TV).
- John Kingman: English mathematician and academic.
- Monty becomes Commandant of 3rd Iron Infantry division
- Netherland mobilizes
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 August 1939
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?