Friday 28 June 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Renato Pagliari and Louise Leak.
All This, and Heaven Too, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1940 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Renato Pagliari: Italian-born British singer in Renee and Renato (d. 2009).
- Louise Leak: American minor artist who choked to death while eating 5/18/1978.
- Karpal Singh: Karpal was a Malaysian lawyer and politician, who had been the Member of Parliament (MP) for the constituency of Bukit Gelugor in the state of Penang since 2004.
- Mohammad Yunus: Bangladeshi professor and Nobel Prize winner in 2006 for combining ideas of capitalism with social conscience aid the poor particularly in rural areas of poverty-stricken countries.
- Roderick Wright: Scottish ecclesiastic, ordained a Roman Catholic Bishop 1/15/1991 who resigned amidst a scandal.
- Muhammad Yunus: Bangladeshi banker, economist and recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize
- Italo Balbo: Italian aviator and statesman.
- Quiz Kids? premieres on radio.
- Romania cedes Bessarabia (current-day Moldova) to the Soviet Union.
- General Charles de Gaulle is officially recognized by Britain as the quotLeader of all Free Frenchmen, wherever they may be.quot
- WWII: German forces land in Guernsey, marking the start of the 5-year Occupation of the Channel Islands.
- Federal government of the United States reorganisation:
- The Civil Aeronautics Administration is placed under the Department of Commerce.
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is placed under the Federal Security Agency.
- The Fish and Wildlife Service is placed under the Department of the Interior.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 June 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?