Thursday 28 June 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Georges Bortoli and Adolfo Schwelm Cruz.
Where the North Begins, directed by Chester M. Franklin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 June 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1923!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1923 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Georges Bortoli
- Adolfo Schwelm Cruz: Argentine racing driver.
- Richard Doell: American geophysicist, known for developing the time scale for geomagnetic reversals with Allan V. Cox and Brent Dalrymple.
- Lloyd Labeach: Panama City, Florida -- 100m / 200m runner (1948 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Adolfo Cruz: Argentinian race car driver (d. 2012).
- Gaye Stewart: Canadian ice hockey player (d. 2010).
- Pete Candoli: American trumpet player (d. 2008).
- Dodgers lost 7-0 lead, as Phillies score 8 in bottom of 9th
- Queen Wilhelmina and Prince Henry for state visit to London
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Coal Black Mammy - Al Jolson
- Bambalina - Ray Miller & His Orchestra
- Dearest - Nora Bayes