Sunday 28 June 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Aribert Heim and Charles Urbanus.
The Land of the Lost, directed by Arthur Donaldson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Eyes of the World by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1914!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1914 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Aribert Heim: Austrian physician (d. 1992).
- Charles Urbanus: Dutch baseball player.
- Lester Raymond Flatt: Tennessee, United States -- Bluegrass (Earl-Ballad of Jed Clampett).
- Countess Sophie Chotek: wife of Franz Ferdinand, Archduke of Austria (assassinated) (Born 1868).
- Sophie : German-born Greek royalty, Queen of the Hellenes as the wife of King Constantine I. She was the younger sister of Kaiser Wilhelm II.
- Franz Ferdinand: Archduke of Austria and his wife Sophia are assassinated in Sarajevo by young Serbian nationalist Gavrilo Princip , the casus belli of World War I..
- Austria invades Siberia (WWI)
- Chionya Gusyeva attempts and fails to assassinate Grigori Rasputin at his home town in Siberia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Celebratin' Day in Tennessee - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- You're Here and I'm Here - Harry Macdonough & Olive Kline
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?